Friday, March 8, 2013

THE ONE-QUARTER

Good evening!  Welcome to my very first blog, through which I will be posting progress updates on my very first short animation project (referred to as "THE ONE-QUARTER" until I find a proper title--yes, all caps is necessary) here at the Rochester Institute of Technology.  Make yourself at home!

So far my project is just a rough set of storyboards.  It's about birds--if you ever get to know me, you'll find this is no surprise.  Most of my creativity manifests itself in winged form, regardless of how hard I try to veer away from my feathered friends.

By this Wednesday (13 Mar.) I will post the first draft of the script, as well as any character designs or sets of clean boards I have come up with.  I'll do my best to update at least once per week.  Please share as much feedback as you can with me; collaboration is key, and I want to produce a story that will move and entertain more people than just my mom (God bless her).  Even if all I've got is junk--I gotta know!

I'm blessed to be working alongside a talented group of classmates on THE ONE-QUARTER, and I'm eager to watch all our ideas blossom into what will hopefully be a reel-worthy set of little films.  Prepare for lift-off, guys--it's time to animate!

Emily D.

P.S. - Look out for bird puns.

No comments:

Post a Comment